Friday, July 2, 2010

....and finally i was caught by Maowadi in Manipur

It was 17th may 2010. I was in Manipur and the strike was going on in all over the state. It was highly sensitive area, and I was aware about it. Mr. Tiwary, an army officer informed me about the Maowadi group and how they troubles people. He also suggested not stopping anywhere, and covering the mouth with napkin.


I was driving little fast; one can drive at the speed of twenty on highway no-150 in Manipur. I was very alert. it was a jungle and no one was on the road. One youngster with rifle and a little sword stopped my bike, took the bike’s key and asked detail information about me. I gave all the details, he asked for two thousand rupees as a road tax. I said I can’t give because not having money. I have only seventy rupees and I can’t give it, because it will be required in next journey. I went with him and sat for sometime.

Then I requested him to meet their leader. He took me there, I went and sat on the chair, the leader came, he was around thirty, a young person. I said Hello and introduced myself. I said that, Sir you are well educated so only you can understand me. He became very happy after listening good things about him. He asked me why you came in our nation?. “Tu Idhar kyo aaya”.I replied that I wanted to study the villages and culture of the country, so came for the study. It is really nice and beautiful area. He checked my bag; saw the camera, laptop etc.

After few minutes he asked me don’t you have fear? How you can sit freely with us. Other people fears when they come here. I said excuse me sir, if you allow I can answer your question. He said, yes friend you can speak freely. I said Sir they don’t fear you, they fear the death. They fear the weapons which are in your hand. They were having rifles, AK 47, jambiya, Sword, and small knives. He thought for sometime and said yes, you are right. Everyone fears death. You are different, you are really courageous, because you have crossed Manipur state in this situation, I appreciate your courage and the way of speaking. Then he introduced about him without name, he was a graduate from Delhi University. He was a nice person, but he could not have got proper guidance on proper time. Today I experienced that there are good qualities in every human being. I also experienced that if we have pure vision and dedication to the service we can overcome any situations.

When I left the place the leader assured me, now no one will trouble you in this area.

1 comment:

  1. Very inspiring Pundlik...interesting that the guy with the gun agreed with you.

    Take care, and stay safe.

    Tanya Thomas

    ReplyDelete