Friday, July 2, 2010

M.A.D.(Making A Difference) Dr. Ashok Belkhode

I came to know about this person when I was in Nanded, Maharashtra. Some one told me that there is a MBBS, MD Doctor who is serving to the villagers. People told so many good things about him. I wanted to meet him, but thought he is very great person, how he will meet me without an appointment. I went to Kinwat and visited his hospital. When I saw the hospital, I thought to meet him for few minutes. When I entered in his cabin he was checking a patient. When he came to know that I am traveling on bike across the nation, he said you are MAD. I am also a MAD because I travelled whole Bharat on bicycle. My master was world famous MAD who travelled twice on bycycle to connect the Bharat, his name is Baba Amte.


Dr. Ashok Belkhode was a coordinator of the cycle yatra organised by Baba Amte to connect the Bharat. He talked with me nicely for an hour. Then he asked to stay in his home in the night. I was very happy to stay with a great person. He called all his friends at 10.30 pm. He said one MAD person came in our city please come lets have a nice disscussion with him. We had discussion for one and half hour.

Dr. Ashok Belkhode is serving to hundreds of villages and making awareness about health and education. He is implementing lots of projects for villagers. His hospital is always open for all villagers with minimum charges or free of cost. There is also a reading hall and library in the hospital.

Dr. Ashok teached basic health related things to students so they can serve in villages. Those who are failed in tenth exam can get admission to the course, Dr. Ashok and his team trains them and they serves in villages.

2 comments:

  1. I have met the guy at Sevagram, Gandhi Ashram.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a MAD people, still Bharat Desh is exist yet.

    ReplyDelete