Thursday, June 26, 2014

Doctor sahab, dhokri bimar hai, dawai de do!


I visited a small village in MP, as I was roaming in the village, one person called me  and said loudly, “Dhokri ko  Zada Laga, Davai de do”. I could not understood what he was saying, but I went there, he showed an old lady and said, bimar hai davai de do. I  saw the patient, she was not serious. I gave a tablet from my first aid box and told them that I am not a doctor.
It was around six in the evening. he thought that I am a doctor. Because there was a bag on my bike and I had a little good cloths than them.
They misunderstood me as a Doctor. 
Some children were playing with the roti in the hand that was their dinner. Only roti with a green chilly, even the people who were talking with me were having Bhakri in their hand. No plates, no glass nothing. Only roti and green chilly was the menu of their dinner.

They asked me about my food, I said I had it just now. It was their tradition to share the food if someone comes at the time of dinner. I tasted little Bhakri. I was finding a place to stay. They requested me to stay there.  I was also finding a place to stay. I stayed there, he gave a Khat (Choupai) to sleep. I enjoyed the night with the Adiwasi villagers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment