Saturday, June 28, 2014

Would you like to have such food?


One day I stayed at a temple in the evening. Later people misunderstood me as a terrorist, I had to leave the temple around 10 pm.
I was searching a place to stay in the night. I asked so many places/dhaba and hotels but it was not in my budget. Finally I went to a Dhaba around 11 pm in the night; the owner gave permission to stay there without taking any charges.  it was Rajasthani Pure vegetarian dhaba.
Few people were sitting there. We talked for around half an hour, they asked many things about my bike Yatra. One person asked me about the dinner; I said no, I can’t have dinner today, because it is too late.  He said wait for some time I will make food for you. He also promised that there is only vegetarian food.
He was handicapped, his both legs were just hanging, so he was crawling with his palms. We were sitting outside near the road and the kitchen was around 50 feet.
He started crawling, went to toilet (most dirty toilet at Dhaba, open air), came out, directly went in Kitchen, did not washed his hand. The kitchen was in open area and everything was visible. He took the material and started making a Roti for me.
I was looking at him; I decided to not have dinner in any situation. He made two roti, came back and sat with me. He ordered the food for me. I said no, I am not feeling hungry and don’t want to eat, because it is too late. He said, friend I made food especially for you, I will not allow you to sleep without having food. You have to take dinner. The plate came in front of me; I was not ready to eat the food. The person requested again and again. He said don’t give money, but have the food, you have not taken food, you are driving the bike, you should take food. His love was something different; he was not treating me as a common visitor. I closed my eyes, the whole scene repeated in front of my eyes, he went to toilet, directly to the kitchen and made roti.

I started thinking, a thought came in my mind, I saw this scene so I am not ready to have the food. The cause is not his dirtiness; the cause is my eyes and mind. It might have been happening in other restaurants also.  And anyway it was hot food so obviously it was hygienic. So I looked the situation as a training session and had food. I was eating because of his love. The person was really happy. He was just looking towards me. I had one chapati and returned remaining food, because it was so spicy. I paid for it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment