Thursday, June 26, 2014

My driving Sadhana


Driving is a great Sadhana if one practices it properly. I experienced this during my bike journey across the nation for 108 days. During my Yog training Dr. Samprasad Vinod taught me to enjoy everything! If we involve our mind and body in the work it becomes Sadhana. I did lots of experiments while driving and I got the results. I used to do Savasan meditation in the morning every day. I used to keep my mind cool and calm while driving. I gave my hundred percent on driving and I started getting great enjoy from it. I learnt so many things while driving. Someone has said that practice makes man perfect. It is very important what we practicing. If we practice good things we can become perfect in that. I practiced driving perfectly and learnt following things.

Alertness- one should be alert while driving, but we never remain alert because there are so many things to disturb us. We see different boards, vehicles, cars, people, some time beautiful girls (In the case of youngsters) and our alertness goes away. We start thinking on different topics. I think driving is the best way to practice alertness. Because our mind runs very fast when we sit, but when we drive our body also runs fast. Mind is already active and it gets new subjects in every second to become more active.
If we can see all the things and remains with us it is called alertness. We should see all the things but we should not go with it.
 Awareness- we should be aware about driving. If we can practice alertness and remains aware we can feel the difference in sound, speed and such things.
Focus of mind- I practiced to focus my mind on driving and I became successful in that. I was able to focus my mind for at least five hours every day.
Mind and body relation- if we can have synchronization between our mind and body we can achieve so many things.

There are so many advantages of conscious driving; so I think it is a great Sadhana for those who love it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment