Thursday, June 26, 2014

My first night stay in a jungle


I was travelling through Gujarat state of Bharat. Gujarat is a really great and developed state. I wanted to stay In the evening, and could not find any appropriate place to stay. So I decided to sleep in the jungle in the night. There was a small jungle of babul trees. I found a good place and decided to stay there. I was completely ok till 7 pm, but as darkness started increasing I became little scared. It was my first stay in unknown jungle. I was very alert, even I could hear all small sounds. I was dealing with my mind and chanting Hanuman chalisa to remove the fear. I always chant this great prayer to get self confidence, courage and to overcome any difficult situations.
 Around 10 pm I heard human voice, some people were talking in unknown language. I checked everywhere no one was around me. I listened carefully and realized that there is someone in the jungle. I decided to go there and find out what is it? Actually my body was sweating and there was fear in mind, but I decided to overcome it. I wanted to see the strangers in the jungle. I took a small stick, wore helmet and went there. After going down, I saw a small foot path. I followed that and that voice became more clearer. I was unable to understand the language. I went there courageously chanting hanumana’s name.
There were two girls making food (bhakri) on Chulha made by three stones, and one youngster was sitting there. He came to me with a weapon in a hand, and I said Namaste! He just laughed, I could see his tooth in the darkness, he was so black. Then another youngster came with a Koyata, a sword to cut the trees. The situation was little strange, I introduced myself in Hindi and I gave them banana and biscuits. I used to purchase it for villagers only. We became nice friends within short time.

They took me at another hut, it was just a shed, no walls etc. it was made to sit in the afternoon and keep the drinking water. They took care of my bike, bought my luggage from up side and put a Godhadi on floor. I put a plastic on the godhadi and sat on it. They made Maka bhakri and dal, served me with great respect. I had little food with them. They were very happy when I ate with them. One of them knew Hindi language and another was able to understand. We discussed for long time, they were 8 brothers and all were working. Eldest of them was sitting with me, his age was around 25. After some time an elder person came there, we talked for some time. They made fire for security and we slept nicely. It was really wonderful experience in a unknown jungle.

No comments:

Post a Comment