Thursday, June 26, 2014

Mera Phatuva Nikalo- a stay with Adivasi


I stayed with Adiwasi people, in Dhar district of Madhya Pradesh. That day I slept at 8 pm and woke up early at 3. 40 am. I was planning to leave from the place, but the old person requested me to stay there. He wanted to take photographs and was not ready till yet. When he saw my camera, he said, “Mera Phatuva Nikalo”. He wanted to take photographs with his wife, so he requested me to wait.  It was 5.30 in the morning the old person started preparation, and became ready till 6.30 am. He cut his mustache, shaved the beard, wore good cloths, wore some ancient jewelry, took a weapon in his hand. When he came out of the Hut, I couldn’t recognize him.

He called his wife also. I took so many photographs. Both of they became very happy, and said, first time In our life somebody took our photographs!

No comments:

Post a Comment