Saturday, June 28, 2014

You can’t stay here- Experience in Rajasthan!


I visited Jodhpur fort and left the city at 5.30 pm. I started driving towards Jaisalmer. It was around 6.30 pm so I was searching a place to stay. I saw a board Rameshwar Ashram and went there. There was a young Sadhu and few old people. I asked permission to stay there and they agreed. They said you can stay here, this is lord shiva’s temple, and we are also visitor. The sadhu talked with me very nicely. It was around 8 pm, there was Bhajan program. Some people came from the villages; there was an old lady who came from nearby village. She must be a retired teacher, around sixty. I met all of them and started discussion. The lady called me and asked about my cast. It was so funny. I gave all the details, she asked identity proofs, I showed PAN, driving license etc. she was not satisfied, she called Mukhiya of the village, he was also an old person, he asked me about the cast. I told that I am Hindu and my sub caste is Maratha, I am Kshatriya. Then the lady started discussion with him in their language. I realized that, it is not safe and good to stay in the temple. I told them if you have any problem I can go and stay in jungle also.
The lady said, yes, its better you go from here; she must be looking for their safety. I took all the documents from them, and moved from the place. The sadhu was requesting to have food, but the lady was telling him that don’t request, let him go. I left around 9.30 pm. I don’t know why, but tears came in my eyes.

There was total darkness, it was full moon day, but there were clouds in the sky. After one hour there was full light of the moon. I parked my vehicle near the road, and slept on the bike. I used to sleep on bike many times in a Jungle. Some people were walking on the road, they saw me and increased their speed and finally started running. I understood their problem, (It was a full moon day, and there is a superstition in villages that ghosts can appear on this day) and decided to move from there. I went to a Dhaba and asked for stay, he asked 200 rupees to stay on terrace. I was not having that much budget, so I drove till 11.30 and got a place to stay at a road side Dhaba. 

No comments:

Post a Comment